FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Ziva Cancun - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jun 13, 2019, 8:51 pm
txhyattlvr

Originally Posted by HoustonConsultant
The corner suite and adjoining room would be spectacular, but the Pyramid Suite is the only one that allows 5 people, and we've got three kids with us.

I guess conceivably, if we got the corner suite with an adjoining room, we could technically have the third kid in the adjoining room, which might not necessarily be where he sleeps.

Unfortunately, there do not seem to be any corner suites available while we are there, but between my concierge and the room manager, maybe we can figure something out as we get closer.

I do agree that heading down to Playa for a couple of days would be good, but with kids age 6, 6, and 4, they are unmoved by cool architecture, shops, culture, and atmosphere. The pools at Playa (at least in the pictures), look a little less kid friendly than those at Ziva.

If it were just the adults or even teenagers, I think splitting the trip would be cool, but with the little ones, it may just not be worth the hassle.
Understood. Keep in mind the pools at Andaz are pretty basic. Two lagoon-style pools and not much else. One is fairly large but the other (by the beach) isn’t anything very special. The Grand Hyatt has approximately seven pools, two of which are infinity pools with beach views, and others are small “splash” style pools under the giant bridge. There’s even some wading pools. Bottom line: I would definitely not consider the Andaz pools to be any nicer or more elaborate than the GH ones.