FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best Option for weekly commute Burbank-Palo Alto (Calif)
Old Jun 13, 2019, 7:54 pm
Seph87

Originally Posted by findark
On my own money, I would fly WN on BUR-SJC. For a regular intra-California commute, I just don't think the hassle of getting to LAX and/or SFO is really worth it. BUR-SFO had a lot of CR2s also, not sure to what degree that will permanently stay away.

BUR is going to be the easier upgrade, but the schedule is poor compared to LAX. Not sure I see that much value in a sub-500 mile CPU.. you'll spend more time getting to/from the airport than on a plane anyway.
Good points, thanks. I'm used to flying LAX-EWR so the thought of (relatively) easy upgrades made me greedy. You're right that the convenience of BUR/SJC is probably worth more than a free upgrade on a 1 hour flight.

My only concern is after this assignment I will probably end up flying back to NYC again, so the potential 1K status would help with LAX-EWR a ton. Not to mention status on Alaska or Southwest wouldn't be of much use in that situation other than for personal flights. I'll have to map it out but I think the sweet spot might be BUR-SFO so I can maintain my status with UA for future assignments.