FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help with Engagement Proposal at gate on arrival (FLL)
Old Jun 13, 2019, 4:04 pm
btonkid12345

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Sounds like massive overkill. All for something that, by chance, can go wrong (i.e. one of the flights is delayed).

I also think convincing FAs to do all that extra work...good luck. Finding a space for flowers, announcing it, handing them out...it's just not in their job description. Unless you were personally friends that that particular crew or at least 1 person on the crew, I think it's very imposing of you to expect them to do all of that.

Same with the GS agents and other passengers. I would find it to be super imposing to make such a request of others, and can't believe GS even entertained your original idea/call.

Imagine the slowdown as passengers are either handed flowers on the way out, or prior to getting their luggage. Flowers can leave a mess on the plane, on the jetbridge, etc. Plus, what if someone's allergic?

I think you should find a different idea for this proposal that doesn't involve a plane full of strangers.