FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Business class service - from July 2018 - Experiences and Discussion
Old Jun 13, 2019, 1:05 pm
CommittedLurker

Programs: SQ PPS SOLITAIRE, AA ,HHONOR GOLD, BONVOY GOLD, IHG PLAT
On a recent SFO-HKG CX879 flight, the garlic bread and bread basket were back on the first meal, though there is still no choice of bread or dessert in the 2nd meal

Another downgrade which I have consistently noticed since the new meal service is that the single dessert option always comes in a glass now and consists mostly of cream, as opposed to the earlier proper piece of cake etc No doubt a cheaper alternative

also the cheese and fruit servings are much, much smaller than from the earlier cart service. And I don’t think I have seen any sort of blue cheese on the new service. Again the blue cheese must be more expensive than the cheddar that they almost always have

As others have pointed out, no one ever asks for drinks again once served with the meal. No top up or cart service as before. You are just asked for coffee/tea/port with the dessert.

CX has probably saved a good amount of money with the new “restaurant style” service.