FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ridiculous and non-notified flight change--now sorted, but why did I have to do this?
Old Jun 13, 2019, 12:53 pm
travelmad478

Programs: BA GfL
Ridiculous and non-notified flight change--now sorted, but why did I have to do this?

A few weeks from now I'll be flying MBS-DTW-ATL-MSY (incredibly, this was the best routing I could come up with to get home from MBS). Last November, I bought tickets for an itinerary that left MBS at 1:50 PM and had a 54-minute connection in DTW. As a frequent AA flyer, I'm prepared for schedule changes on a ticket purchased so far in advance, but DL never sent me any emails or other notifications about changes. Yesterday when double-checking the various itineraries for this trip, I looked at my booking on DL's website and was rather dismayed to see that the MBS-DTW flight had been changed...to one leaving at 6:30 AM! This was not only impossible for me to make, but also resulted in an 8.5-hour DTW layover. I quickly looked at the day's schedule and found that there was indeed still a flight leaving at 1:50 PM--with a different flight number than my original ticket--and it was being sold as a valid itinerary with both of my other flights. I called DL immediately and got myself re-ticketed onto that one, thank God.

My question for the board is, what the hell was DL doing re-booking me onto a 6:30 AM flight when they still had a flight at the exact time I had already booked? And why did they never notify me of any change? I would have never known about this had I not proactively checked on my itinerary.

Last edited by travelmad478; Jun 13, 2019 at 1:03 pm