FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Offers of a Pre-Departure Beverage (PDB) [2019 and Earlier]
Old Jun 13, 2019, 11:03 am
pcoll

Programs: AS
June 12 SEA/LAX AS 1784 Noon Departure
Water at seat. NO PDB offered.
LAX based crew, doing a turn around.
Chatting later with FA, inquired what her understanding was regarding PDB. (did not ask that directly, wondered if there is a disconnect between training and application)
She stated they have been told to no longer offer PDB. ON TIME departure is the only priority and if there is a delay in departure, they are written up and reprimanded.
She has 29 years as FA, originally from US Airways. Been with AS since 2004. She was AS cross trained for Airbus. and REALLY hates the galley on Airbus. She did say pilots LOVE the Airbus as cockpit is much roomier.
She did not know about a feature on her phone, which I pointed out to her. She is able to see passenger make up on her phone, (Status listed for each seat). I then showed her how she is able to provide Discount Codes during flight. Some items listed...
Good Samaritan , change seat, and my favorite SPILL. She thanked me for showing her that, she had no idea.