View Single Post
Old Jun 13, 19, 8:16 am
xliioper

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by jamesteroh View Post
I miss the last minute flash sales Northwest used to do where you flew out that Saturday and back Monday or Tuesday, I got some great air fares then. Even when the dates work on the Delta flash sales for city pairs I like the fares are never available.
There are a number of Tue/Wed/Sat fares out there that are actually lower than listed award flash sale fares (in fact, I'm having problems finding any awards which have rules/T&C's that match what is listed on the flash sale page). So you could do a Sat - Tue trip and qualify for these fares. Some of them have seasonal limits on them (such as 8/14 - 11/06 or 8/20 - 10/16). For example, RDU-PDX is available for 11.5K miles each way (23K roundtrip) -- the listed flash sale price is 23.5K RT. BNA-LAX is available for 10K each way (20K RT), while the listed flash sale price is 21K RT. These are the main cabin fares. BE is lower (7K each way for BNA-LAX, 9K each way for RDU-PDX). You can generally find better deals out of non-hubs. For example, CMH-SEA is available from 17K RT in main cabin (11K in BE), while DTW-SEA is 24K RT in MC and 20K for BE. I'd just use the award calendar and ignore the dates listed on the flash sale. For example, here are 4-day roundtrip fares for CMH-SEA in September. You can see the 11K RT (BE) Sat-Tue trip pricing mentioned previously.

Last edited by xliioper; Jun 13, 19 at 8:41 am