FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Newbie to Malaysia Enrich Needs Booking Assistance
Old Jun 13, 2019, 6:40 am
joer1212

Originally Posted by d00t
You don't need any miles to search and see how many miles a flight will cost. Just use the "Miles" radio input.
But, there is no option to select "Miles"! The only options are "Card / Cash" and "Miles + Cash" (on the upper left of the screen). But, even when I select "Miles + Cash" the search results are shown in cash only. I have yet to see my search results come up in miles at all.

I think Danial is right. You have to have miles in your account in order to even search for award availability in miles. That's a pretty poor system Malaysia set up, as it forces you to spend money before you even know if your desired flight is available for an award!

If I purchase just 1,000 miles, will this allow me to search for awards (in miles)?

If not, I'm just going to purchase my flight on Expedia (or other agency) with cash.
If I do this, will Expedia give me a confirmation code that allows me to select my seat on Malaysia's website? If I can't select my seat, I'll just go with another carrier.

Last edited by joer1212; Jun 13, 2019 at 7:20 am