FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Newbie to Malaysia Enrich Needs Booking Assistance
Old Jun 13, 2019, 4:58 am
d00t

Programs: Elite Diamond Purple Dot Gold Silver Titanium for life
Originally Posted by joer1212
Great, so I'll never know how many miles I'll need (and the cost) for an award, or even if one is available??
If I purchase a minimum number of miles, will that give me access to the award search function, or do I have to have the total number of miles required for the award first?
You are correct. There is no way to tell how many miles you require for a flight until you search for it.
Also when searching use "Miles" and NOT "Cash + Miles". The reason is "Miles" will be cheaper overall than "Cash + Miles".
Enrich Miles redemptions book into revenue fare classes except for the super cheap ones and the super expensive ones. However note that if you use ANY component of miles towards a booking, it will not earn any Enrich Miles or Elite Miles.

Frankly, my advice is if you're a new member and you have the intention to save up miles for a flight - there are other more transparent and cheaper airline loyalty programs available.

Enrich has some of the most expensive redemptions in the world. The trade-off is that there is often more availability in exchange for the higher miles cost.
Oneworld redemptions through Enrich are ludicrously high. Don't bother with these.

You don't need any miles to search and see how many miles a flight will cost. Just use the "Miles" radio input.