FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Find me a good British Airways fare - ticket clinic [Beta / draft: BA FARES ONLY]
Old Jun 13, 2019, 3:48 am
Wozza2404

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by Gagravarr
I'm looking to head to Jumeriah in Dubai in late August, so either Dubai DXB or Abu Dhabi AUH airports are fine. Aiming for business. Quite happy to do an ex-EU for it too. Specific dates are out Saturday 24th August +- 1 day, back Saturday 31st +- 1 day.

I'm finding a bunch of ex-EU fares for GBP 1300-1400 out of France / Benelux / Germany / Italy, all into AUH. Factoring in positioning flights (also in business), it's looking like Luxembourg is the winner, at GBP 1570 (£1315 + £255)

To be honest, since the Qatar / UAE blockade removed all the QR flights and hence a bit of competition, I think that's probably the best I'll do! However, in case of anyone knows of a better place to ex-EU via for the UAE in late August, I figure it's worth asking

(Helsinki is showing for GBP 1325, add on £300 for positioning flights, and while you get a 80 rather than 40 tier points each way, it seems to need overnights both ways which pushes the total cost up rather!)
The direct LHR-AUH with BA on those exact dates is £1655. Your LUX option is £1570. Is worth all that positioning to save less than £100?

Ex-DUB is also £1300, which may be cheaper to position to than LUX.