FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Definitive Thread: Use Sky Miles to upgrade on VS
Old Jun 13, 2019, 1:00 am
Code Black

Programs: Delta SM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott PE
I had to sign up just to say thank you all for this info! I called, checked for upgrades, got everything booked after the CSR confirmed there were upgrades, all with the same CSR! She was extremely helpful. After reading all the woes on here i feel like i got lucky. Which brings me to my question. So, the flight i booked was from IAD-LHR-IAD and i spent 100k Points to upgrade from Econ (flight out) and C+ (return flight) to UC. Its a business trip my company paid for, but i have this weird feeling that i didn't get lucky on the points i spent. Almost like i spent too many points for the upgrade and im not getting good value from them. Can someone please tell me whether or not (so i don't go crazy) i put these miles to good use? A quick google search indicates a one-way UC ticket to LHR is about 75K miles. So with that in mind im thinking i did ok. This is also my first time going overseas, for whatever that's worth. Apologize for the long winded first post.