FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - USA contactless credit/debit/transit (2017 - 2021)
Old Jun 12, 2019, 11:24 pm
storewanderer

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
Originally Posted by Majuki
Yep, it's fantastic. Mrs. Majuki and I used this about two months ago. She held my physical CSR, and I used my phone. Since the phone uses a virtual card number, we were both able to use my CSR to get the 3x on the same trip.
Same exact thing here. I cannot stress how convenient this was. Kept us moving and no messing around with those pay kiosks. Vancouver Sky Train is an excellent system. It helps that it is a newer system yes, and it is nice to see them continuing to keep it "with the times" by doing upgrades like this. This way it will not fall into a state of being so behind and out of date like the BART system in the San Francisco bay area. At least BART has a nice train from the OAK airport out to its main line.

These US mass transits I've had the (dis)pleasure of using in the past year really need to get in line. Especially the BART system in the San Francisco bay area. That is a tech hub and there is no excuse why they can't upgrade their technology. Their fares are also considerably higher than comparable systems elsewhere like the Denver light rail, DC Metro, etc. and trains dirtier and in worse condition.