FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Applying for a new American Express card while out of the USA
Old Jun 12, 2019, 6:22 pm
Global Adventurer

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by JMWEEZ
I recently opened Business Plat and received a tracking numbers for my card and my AU's. I was hoping to get it rushed because I was approved on a Tuesday and leaving on a trip on the Friday. I chatted to CSR on Amex site and they told me all Platinum cards are sent expedited shipping and I would receive it within 2 days of shipment. I chatted to different CSRs that week to ensure it was shipped despite the Amex site not showing it had shipped. Turns out the CSR was talking out of their rear end, and the site was correct. I received tracking numbers when they finally shipped the cards. Go to your new card in your account then Account Services > Replace A Card, your tracking info will be there.
Last night after midnight a tracking number finally appeared ( yes, I was stalking my account all night), and it showed it was to be delivered today. BUT an hour ago I get a message it wasn't delivered because of an incomplete address. They left off the unit number! So,at this point it's still in limbo. I just want them to deliver it anywhere at this point so I can call and get it replaced.
I
talked to numerous CSRs too and there was only one that actually did her job last night. She correctly entered my alternate mailing address on the new card account and programmed that address for receiving all communications and cards. Tried to get that done numerous times and they all said it can't be done on inactivated cards. But, yes it can.

So, here I wait another day At this point if they could just ship it to my alternate ups box I would be happy. I'm actually not very confident that if I provided them with a foreign address of where I'm at that it would even arrive.

Edit: According to the UPS website now, they are returning it to sender. I contacted AMEX and they told me I have to wait 10 days for a replacement. But, I'll try sooner just in case.

Last edited by Global Adventurer; Jun 12, 2019 at 9:52 pm