FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2019 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!
Old Jun 12, 2019, 3:34 pm
williwaw

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya
Originally Posted by Eurynom0s
I'm also getting the "This reservation is not eligible for online changes. Please call us at 1-800-252-7522 for assistance" message on a flight I booked via the UR portal using UR points. I'm looking to actually do a flight change, not just cancel the flight. If new flight + change fee is greater than what I originally paid, I'm assuming there's no problem? But if new flight + change fee is less than what I originally paid, am I SOL on the leftover money?

[edit] Wait, reading your link a second time, more closely...I can't do the change through Alaska, but should be able to do it through the UR portal???

[edit 2] Checked the UR portal (which I wouldn't have even thought to do before coming in here, I always think to just go to the airline for flight changes), I clicked through to changing the reservation and found this:

So okay, it closes the old loophole of how to turn UR into My Wallet funds if you're Gold/75K, but at least the funds aren't completely dead, which is what I was worried about there for a moment. Since I'm only regular MVP I can't provide a datapoint on whether the change fee is waived for Gold/75K when you're calling Expedia/UR to make a change to a UR portal booking.
UR Travel Portal was telling me that I can not waive the change fees since they claim they can't check status. Other posters here have called BS on that, but I didn't force it and the credit is still sitting on UR for another couple months. Might try again for a trip in November.