FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A clear photo of the affected passengers holding their ID next to their face
Old Jun 12, 2019, 3:03 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by roybadami
Not talking about Lufthansa specifically, but ID selfies have become a thing over the last year or so. They're annoying, but expect to see more of this in future.
Thanks for the background. When I searched for "ID next to face" on goolge, I could only find one obscure site that was requesting this.

I share the fear that this may become commonplace and anyone with a copy of such a picture with ID will be able to pass as me...

Also, I just don't see why any of this should be necessary for requesting a claim for a confirmed baggage delay with a scan of the original claim receipt issued by a Lufthansa station, that was recorded in the Lufthansa system, and is requested by the passenger on file with receipts from the day of the delay. Even asking for boarding passes is not warranted because the information leaflet passed out does not mention that one should keep boarding passes for a later claim. Only "Write to LH with copies of your receipts."

All of this is clearly laid out to discourage people from claiming compensation by making them jump through loops and hoping that maybe they have disposed of the boarding passes.

HTB.