FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EWR vs JFK Fares?
View Single Post
Old Jun 12, 2019, 2:22 pm
synthkeys

Programs: CX MPC DM
Originally Posted by andersonCooper
It's pretty much the same from either JFK or EWR to downtown (FiDi specifically). I would consider the other factors listed above
@andersonCooper is spot on as usual, although I think it also depends on train vs. car. By car, I'd give the edge to EWR. Straight shot through the Holland Tunnel and across the Newark Bay Extension. At that time of night I'd estimate 20 mins tops with maybe 25 mins for JFK across the East river and Belt Parkway, either way it's basically a wash.

If taking the train to EWR maybe 40 mins if you make all the connections properly, NYC subway 2/3 from Chambers to Penn St, switch to NJT bound for EWR. Train to JFK, never took it but Google maps times it an hour or so. The quickest (but more expensive) option for JFK by train is to use LIRR either from Penn St. or Atlantic Ave. in Brooklyn to Jamaica Station and transfer to the JFK AirTrain from there.

If I were taking one of the CX night flights and leaving from Manhattan, I'd pay for car service rather than deal with mass transit.