FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2019 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!
Old Jun 12, 2019, 12:32 pm
Flying for Fun

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Finkface
Technically, according to the rules, no. Is it possible? YMMV. For both QF and EK, the flights must be marketed and operated by the same carrier. This is from the partner earning page:
https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...er-overview:EK
Qualify for mileage accrual

Flights must fall within the eligible flight number range below, and your flight must be marketed and operated by Emirate. Ticket has to be on Emirates ticket stock to qualify.

Eligible flight numbers
001–978

The rules are the same for QF:
Flights must fall within the eligible flight number range below, and your flight must be marketed and operated by Qantas.
The requirement for EK flights to be on EK ticket stock is unique to EK. A similar requirement is absent from the details for all other AS partners.

In practice, however, I have flown 4 native EK J flights on ticket stock other than EK and the flights posted automatically.

Codeshares add another layer of complexity as the flight numbers don't fall within the specified flight number range for accrual. In the poster's scenario the EK ticket stock hurdle wouldn't be an issue.

It would be interesting to know if AS would treat the EK codeshare with QF as it does other partner codeshares upon a manual request.

I wouldn't chance not getting EQM for the flight if I was still earning towards status. Now that I have requalified, I would give it a go to see how it played out.

James