FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Recent Experiences onboard QR
View Single Post
Old Jun 12, 2019, 7:43 am
lost_in_translation

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by clubeurope
I’ve in the past several months have taken 16 sectors on QR, and I think the food is consistently bad. Not necessarily due to the quality per se, but more to how the food is overheated, or swimming in oil due to that.

I find that the pasta, cream soups, and arabic dishes are consistently edible (in addition to the desserts) but everything else is terrible. The meat, fish, and so on, are really bad whenever I get them. Furthermore the breadbasket bread always seems stale lately.

I feel like this is the case particularly when the crew are stressed or otherwise just plain lazy.

The juices and non-alcoholic drinks though are great.

These days, I tend to skip the meals and eat at the lounge (if the lounge food is better, like in SIN or LHR)
I've maintained for a while that QR service is often badly compromised when there is a full cabin as the service is so intensive - the crew are effectively forced to try to provide an F-like service to a large cabin with a crewing ratio that is generous for J but nowhere near what you'd get in an actual F cabin. Most of my worst QR flights for service have ironically been in J on LHR in Qsuites, which you would think should be the best QR J product as it's probably their flagship route but between the full cabin and the problems caused by crew not being able to see who has been served due to doors/walls I've yet to take a Qsuites flight on this route where something I've ordered hasn't been forgotten! I think I find the food quality variable, sometimes an absolute hit and sometimes a miss but it's no different to any other J product I've tried.