FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Invitation-only restaurant "Classified" at EWR {Archive}
Old Jun 12, 2019, 5:20 am
Pete

I arrived at CLASSIFIED for my dinner last night to find myself the only customer in the place. I chose a table by the windows and ordered "Hop scallops seared, cauliflower puree, hearts of palm" and a glass of wine. The food was delivered quickly, was well presented and was satisfying but nothing more. Compared to the last scallop dish I had had in a restaurant, which had cost less and left me wanting to return for more, this one was nothing.

I found the toilets okay except that the hand-lotion dispensers were both empty.

I would prefer a more traditional way of ordering food but am willing to put up with a tablet fixed to the table except for one thing: the damned device continually flashed advertisements at me while I was there. I don't like having televisions in restaurants and there was a time when I refused to patronize any that did, but I have come around to tolerating them now. But having a tablet in the middle of my field of view pushing commercials for Dunkin Donuts in my face is something I just hate, hate, hate.

My conclusions: I do not regret trying CLASSIFIED but I will almost certainly never go there again. Nothing was good enough to tempt me to return and the non-stop adverts kill it for me.