FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chance of receiving upgrade to Club Europe offer?
Old Jun 12, 2019, 1:59 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by magnagraecia
On another one of my flights, I see an upgrade offer of £139. Is there any chance this will go down?
Welcome to Flyertalk and welcome to the BA forum magnagraecia. It's good to see you here and I hope that you will become a regular participant.

If that £139 is for a LHR or LCY London to Greece flight then that is the standard Proactive Upgrade (POUG) from EuroTraveller to Club World, these are upgrades where the TPs awarded are 80 per flight. It won't usually go lower. There are various things you have to do to get a POUG, such as buying directly from BA - and they come and go depending on overall demand. The alternative upgrade is by asking at the airport for an AUP, airport upgrade promotion, which is typically a similar price to POUGs. Both POUGs and AUPs have detailed threads in the Dashboard.

The other prices you are quoting must be fare difference upgrades, where it would certainly have been cheaper to buy Club initially. I can tell that by the fact that there is a change fee involved, which is not levied for AUPs or POUGs.