FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2019 Status Points, how's it going?
View Single Post
Old Jun 12, 2019, 1:44 am
matmatlr

Programs: AF/KLM Club2000 Ultimate / M&M HON Circle / ALL Diamond / Hertz President Circle
Originally Posted by CanadaDH
I tend to agree. I would suspect such a status would be for those that Accor thought could be influential towards generating additional business. Say, the President of a consulting company with lots of travelling staff. More based on someone's position in their sphere of influence and not connected to how much they may personally stay at a hotel. Besides, somebody who has racked up tens of thousands of points has already shown they already give them business, and some additional invitation may do very little for them.

We don't even know yet what sort of benefits are offered for the new Diamond status let alone the invitation status. The associated benefits may not even be that much different from Diamond. I'm worried the benefits of Diamond won't be much more than Platinum, hence my resistance in making additional stays beyond my current 20k or so points so far.

I'm currently right at 20,087 points, according to the app. Now that I think about it, I have one more weekend trip booked for later this year, for 3 nights. That should get me about 6,500 more points, or maybe a bit more if we use the hotel restaurants, so It looks like I might hit Diamond by accident.
Don't think either that it will be related to points (like Club2000 with AF)
[Offtopic] Your comment about being an influential is interesting as being a CEO of a mid-sized consulting company, I am travelling around 40% of my time but having local staff in different countries, they're not travelling much.
However, we're doing a lot of advisory for our clients (multinational companies) on marketing & travel spends (that might include travel policy definition) which might generate huge volume for both airlines & hotels chains.
I am trying not to mix my personal status (Ulti with AF, Plat with Accor, President Circle with Hertz) with my clients needs but that could make sense [Offtopic]

Coming back to the topic, I really hope that Diamond will offer additional benefits as depending on hotels, Plat benefits are near zero
Wait & see