FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Skyteam loyalty not so seamless for elites
Old Jun 11, 2019, 9:24 pm
Zorak
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by motorbobb
I explained my logic - DL fare, DL flights, DL ticket, and most confounding, this is supposed to be a JV between the airlines where my experience should be seamless.

The only thing they said they could suggest is not to book the codeshares in the future. Not sure that is what DLexecutives intended but I am going to follow that advice! 15k miles means something to me. This seems like a clear case where program rules and practical logic fell through a gap. I am a big DL fan but this one left a sour taste...
I won't argue that SkyTeam fails at being anything close to seamless. However the earning on partner-coded flights isn't exactly a gap, it's documented on their web site, Earning with Airline Partners and has a FT thread: Delta Partner Mileage Accrual Changes Effective Jan 2018

It's also a lot simpler and easier to understand than it used to be. While you may have been shorted on RDMs, depending on distance you might've made out better on MQDs (although whether that's good or bad or indifferent depends on your situation, whether you need/can use the AMEX MQD waiver etc.)