FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Royal Hawaiian Honolulu, Hawaii post renovation 2009 [Master Thread]
Old Jun 11, 2019, 7:02 pm
cawhite

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Looks like this has been terminated.

Breakfast was also a bit odd for a hotel of this category where I would usually expect a generous buffet of hot and cold food. There's a choice between a very small buffet in the lounge (for those with lounge access) or a small buffet clearly only for elites in the main restaurant. I guess it's better than continental (there were eggs, bacon, etc.), but the restaurant is clearly primarily a la carte which is not offered to elites. I wouldn't choose breakfast as a benefit here again.
I never took the PLT option breakfast there so I can’t speak to the quality of it in the past (I’ve been staying there since shortly after they renovated, usually at least a couple times/year) and tend to head out elsewhere for breakfast. But the few times I’ve had breakfast at Surf Lanai, there was a very nice buffet offering which also included the option to order an a la cartel item from the menu. The tower lounge breakfast has, since it opened, been a bit in terms of offerings IMO. Sorry to hear this.