FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Does anyone have recent experience of signing up someone for a AE account/number?
Old Jun 11, 2019, 1:59 pm
jc94

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by ChrisA330
I just received a TD card, and have been trying to sign up for the last week...it's been the same error message.

My experience getting this card has been a total clusterf*ck from start to finish.
You can’t. Basically. The error is nonsense and you have to call them to get an “Access Card” (7 days) or go into a branch. I asked why I had been sent a letter to register and why credit card was an option if it doesn’t work and they don’t know. Nor did they know why said error message was occurring.

Between this and other issues, like having to go to a branch to confirm it had gone through, I will be sending a generic rant at them when I get time.

Oh and not forgetting the 6 mins on hold ...not to speak to a human but to use the automated activate card feature.

Originally Posted by TechnoTourist
When you call in to activate the TD Aeroplan card they will confirm the AE number to use. Mine was already correct but I assume you could change it at this time if required.
They didn’t for me, for what it’s worth. Hence having to contact them today after confirming the web portal didn’t show it. At least not that I nor two people in the branch could see. Someone said it appears on the statement, TD help says it does not.

Last edited by jc94; Jun 11, 2019 at 2:04 pm