FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United's Current Boarding Process (with Wiki) [2016-forward]{Archive}
Old Jun 11, 2019, 11:43 am
onthesam

Programs: UA 1K; National Executive Elite; Hertz PC & Hotels Galore
Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
I appreciate pre-boarding as a 1K for ensuring I can get my carryon in the overhead. I personally prefer to board as late as possible as I will be sitting for a long time on the plane but when United introduced checked luggage fees that changed the dynamics of boarding for me.

I am fine with families with children under 2 boarding before me - and actively block my fellow 1K members who are in a rush to get past these folks as they are folding up strollers, etc. These families are generally not sitting anywhere near most 1K members so not going to take their overhead space.

The plane is not leaving until everyone in line is boarded and seated.

The LH line for *G is nice - agree other line is a bit of free for all but do find LH FAs are very good about firstly enforcing overhead bin space for first/business and then finding space for carryon luggage - very rare to see it needed to be checked. Similar positive boarding experiences with other *A carriers.

My last few United flights the GAs have either announced the names of the 1K pax or announced the number of 1K pax for the flight.

I would like to see a pre-boarding line for 1K members as we are a bit of a rushed scrum when boarding is announced and are essentially gate lice with some of us needing to learn some manners. GS pax could teach us a thing or two!
Doesn't take seem civil/wise to take the boarding process into one's own hands by actively (or passively) blocking fellow pax... Might I suggest taking it up with 1kvoice or the station manager instead?