FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - bogota + another city in Colombia suggestion
Old Jun 11, 2019, 11:01 am
SK AAR
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
I have a somewhat similar question: Spending 16 nights in Colombia next month (holiday). Arriving BOG on AV from GRU (after arriving GRU from Europe the previous morning). I have never been to Columbia before, so I'm a bit uncertain on how many nights to spend at each place. I booked BOG-MDE already (super cheap AV fare) departing after 4 nights at BOG, so the first 4 days/nights in BOG (I booked a hotel in Chapinero) and then to Medellin. How many nights would you recommend in Medellin? I'm arriving on a Tuesday and consider staying until Sunday, i.e. 5 nights, to enjoy the nightlife during the weekend there (I expect nightlife in Medellin to be more exciting than e.g. Cartagena). I'm considering flying to Cartagena but no plane ticket purchased yet as I'm uncertain how many days to spend in Medellin. Then considering spending the last 6 days/night in Cartagena but is it too many days/nights there?; in the affirmative any other place to vist before returning to BOG? (expect to come back to BOG on Saturday and go clubbing in BOG Saturday night before my GRU flight Sunday evening)

Any thoughts/comments? Maybe I should add that I like taking my time when on holiday. I would hate a very busy schedule and spending a lot time traveling around in Columbia from one city to the other, so 3-4 cities/areas would work well for me.