FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Same Day Turn Around
View Single Post
Old Jun 11, 2019, 8:54 am
lokijuh

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
What is the MCT at the airport ? If you are booked, even on 2 separate tickets, you may find that Qantas will not permit the itinerary with an unlawful connection time
A bit of OT trivia, I used to travel a fair bit to NAA. It was a triangle routing SYD-NAA-MRZ-SYD, and flight number changed at MRZ (so great for SCs). Once, when we had a new corporate TA, they were refusing to sell me NAA-MRZ-SYD as it involved a change in flight numbers and it didn't meet MCT. I said I would take the risk.

These same plane turn arounds at regional ports are the easiest to make of any connection, and if on separate tickets and checked in online, I can't imagine that QF would disallow the itinerary. The biggest risk is if there is a delay due to weather or mechanical at origin and they sent an aircraft from another port to pick up pax (eg if SYD-ABX delayed, theoretically, if an aircraft was available at MEL, they could dispatch it to ABX to collect stranded ABX pax.) But this is theoretical, and extremely unlikely.