FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CSP & CSR Trip Cancellation/Delay Insurance Issues/Comments (2016 - 2019)
Old Jun 10, 2019, 9:13 am
threeoh

Originally Posted by smoaky
Thanks. And it doesn't complicate things that I changed the connecting flight a few days ago (for free), which ended up being cancelled? It's the same itinerary and route and ticket etc. Just realize the itinerary as issued/cancelled won't match the one I got on the day of the charge. Hah it better as I'm already enjoying the view (and jet fumes) at this hotel.
Shouldn't be a problem, you should have something to show (1) the originally booked ticket (2) the changed ticket, before irrops, with same reservation number [or some other way showing they are linked] (3) a delay letter including the cause of the delay [they have been sticklers about this, see wiki] and (4) the itinerary or boarding passes for what you actually flew.

It's just a $500 cap, you don't have to minimize each expense as long as they are within reason. Being able to book the expensive airport hotel instead of schlepping on a shuttle to a cheap motel 30 minutes away is kind of the whole point of the insurance, if you ask me.