FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Codeshare in AS Metal: AS PNR, Seat Seletion, EP Benefit, Lounge Access, etc.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 8:08 am
JDiver
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by metallo
1. No, you'll need the AS confirmation code. Just call the EXP desk, and they should be able to give it to you. You can then use it on the AS website, just as though you booked the ticket through AS.

2. and 3. I actually don't know the current answer to these questions. I believe reports have varied since AS and AA weakened ties, but perhaps someone else with more recent experience can chime in.

4. Everything at SEA is connected behind security. You may need to switch concourses, which could involve some walking and perhaps a brief train ride, but you shouldn't need to re-clear security.

5. Recommend that you obtain the AS confirmation code and ensure that the AS side of the reservation has your trusted traveler number attached. If not, simply add it yourself on alaskaair.com. I'd recommend just getting boarding passes from AS for your AS flights. And, no, an AS frequent flyer membership is not required.

6. Yes. There's no lounge at FAI, but you can certainly access any of the three AS lounges (C, D, and N gates) as an AC member at SEA when you are flying either AA or AS.
Alaska does and will not acknowledge AA EXP status in any way.