FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Codeshare in AS Metal: AS PNR, Seat Seletion, EP Benefit, Lounge Access, etc.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 6:48 am
metallo

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Tintin
I am planning a JFK-FAI trip. Looks like it will have at least 2 legs on AS metals codeshared with AA (SEA-FAI and FAI-SEA). AA.com is not showing the seat availability in the AS flights. So it is safe to assume that I will not be able to select seats on those AS legs at the time of booking in aa.com. So:

(1) Will AA PNR works in AS website for seat selection? If not, is there any website which can translate AA PNR into AS PNR? As an example, Qantas site does the trick for BA flights codeshared with AA.

(2) I don't have any status in AS (never flew in AS). Will AS honor my AA EP status and let me select the Exit seats? If AS doesn't honor AA status, will AA EP agents on phone be able select Exit row seats for my reservation?

(3) Also, will AS allow priority boarding for AA EP? If not, how AS boarding process works?

(4) At SEA, do I need to change terminal for the connecting flights AA to/from AS?

(5) Boarding Pass and TSA Pre-check: Can I check-in for the AS flights and download the mobile boarding pass in AA app? If not, can I use the AS app without opening an account in AS? Will AA pass-on my TSA Pre-check status to AS and AS boarding passes will display TSA Pre-check correctly? If not, how to communicate this information to AS ahead of time?

(6) As an Admirals Club member, can I access AS lounges at SEA and FAI (if they have a lounge in FAI)?

I will not check luggage (carry-on only), so that will be easy. Is there anything else to think about?

Thanks,
Tintin
1. No, you'll need the AS confirmation code. Just call the EXP desk, and they should be able to give it to you. You can then use it on the AS website, just as though you booked the ticket through AS.

2. and 3. I actually don't know the current answer to these questions. I believe reports have varied since AS and AA weakened ties, but perhaps someone else with more recent experience can chime in.

4. Everything at SEA is connected behind security. You may need to switch concourses, which could involve some walking and perhaps a brief train ride, but you shouldn't need to re-clear security.

5. Recommend that you obtain the AS confirmation code and ensure that the AS side of the reservation has your trusted traveler number attached. If not, simply add it yourself on alaskaair.com. I'd recommend just getting boarding passes from AS for your AS flights. And, no, an AS frequent flyer membership is not required.

6. Yes. There's no lounge at FAI, but you can certainly access any of the three AS lounges (C, D, and N gates) as an AC member at SEA when you are flying either AA or AS.