FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Personal liability insurance during travel
Old Jun 9, 2019, 2:24 pm
aroundtheworld76

Programs: UA Slvr, DL Slvr, AA plt, HH LTD, MR tit/LTP at least two of those buy 10 get 1 free coffee cards
Originally Posted by guv1976
Have you priced the cost of a non-owned auto liability policy with Travelers? If Travelers offers it in your state, you might end up paying substantially less than $40/month.
I talked to several agencies before buying it. Not sure if travelers offers it in OR. I don't mind $40 considering how much hassle and cost it saves me. I rent a car 5-7 days a month so definitely come out ahead. I remember some agencies wanting $20/day for SLI but that was definitely an exception as most were $10-15. My GF has a similar policy with Progressive and she only pays like $28/ month, but her residence and license are in PA.

To the OP: Another option that may or may not be appropriate to to your situation might be to rent from car sharing services like Turo or Getaround. Late model cars rented out by private owners through platforms that include all the insurance in the daily rate. Downside being that most only include 200 miles a day or 1000 a week.