FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Name, Gender Difference, Date of Birth, Change, Errors, etc. Account, Ticket, Award
Old Jun 9, 2019, 1:31 pm
1readyset2go

Programs: SPG, Marriott, United, SWA, AA
Originally Posted by langleyoaker
CX doesn't have a middle name field in their reservation system, so even if you have your middle name on your AA profile it won't show up on the CX reservation. Instead CX has a given name field which is used for both first and middle names. If you ask AA to put both your first and middle names in the first name field, your middle name will show up on the CX reservation. I have traveled on CX without my middle name on the reservation, however I could not OLCI as I got an error that the name on the reservation didn't match my passport.
What does OCLI stand for please?

This is what is so frustrating. CX has no space for a middle name on their website. Really? WTH? I did go in and added my middle name under my travel documents by just putting my middle name in the first name space tab. Like "John Edward" in the first name spot instead of just "John" (as an example this is not my name). Then of course "Jones" in the last name spot. I Hope that does not mess things up. The system accepted it.

I did call AA and they said they would email CX to have our middle names added. We shall see if they follow through. I REALLY appreciate each and every response to my question. I was in a full on panic (i mean these are very $$$ RT J tickets to Asia 2 that I was very lucky to snag up for our dates with AA miles). After speaking with CX and they were telling me the middle name HAD to be there, and I kept saying but you don't even have a place for it in your system!

I feel much more at ease after all these responses I just got out of the hospital 2 months ago after a very lengthy hospital stay (32 days) and this trip was to be my reward to relax/recharge. This was incident did not help my blood pressure! I will keep you updated on what happens. It also seems there is a spot on CX's websites under profiles to add passport and other info (as opposed to just putting it in for an individual flight by itself), but then attached to the actually flights it also has an spot to add travel documents?