FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United's Current Boarding Process (with Wiki) [2016-forward]{Archive}
Old Jun 9, 2019, 9:52 am
cerealmarketer

Originally Posted by halls120

UA ought to copy LH. On our A346 flight to FRA, this was the boarding order:

passengers in wheelchairs
First
Business
*gold
passengers with children under 5 years old
economy

LH respects passengers that pay for F and C. ^
From last week...

What I witnessed ex-FRA...

intra Europe...automated gate below biz class sign shut off with a red x so everyone uses economy lane. Automated announcement that said "we will now begin boarding flight XXX (all pax rush to board)...and start with our business class and star alliance gold." No one does well with that.

To the US...A separate 'first/business' line the opposite side of economy. *gold and biz all mixed up in there. Just board.

ex-JFK...

Agent standing next to first class / HON cut-in lane which went first, and could cut in as needed.

Separate long biz / star gold lane that worked fine.

I'm a 'board late' kind of guy - and having paid for C didn't get the impression I had the opportunity to be respected though more or less than UA. I'd say their 'domestic' intra Europe process is a step down from UA's for people who care to board first and pay for C. You're gummed up with all the mid tier elites unless you want to waste time standing first in line for 30 plus minutes.