FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Detroit Novi [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Aug 17, 2004, 10:46 am
craz
Suspended

stayed at both last month. got upgraded as a plat to a suite at the Westin, but preferred the Sheraton. Why the S over the W, simple keep in mind Im a Plat- The S has a lounge for cont breakfast (closed weekends so you get a coupon for breakfast downstairs), theres a computer near the front desk and another in the lounge no charge. the W has neither of these. As for places to eat The S would be better but both arent really in a downtown setting with that much of a walking choice. Also I had to keep calling SPG to get the credit for the W stay when the S posted within 2 days. Friends have had the same prob with that W also with posting of credit. The w is part of an office complex the s is stand alone. Its maybe a 10 min ride (depending on time of day) between them. also free beer at the S in the lounge. Whats better for the kids probably the S as the W is a biz hotel due to its location.
Then again if anything goes wrong theres the S Promise I didnt need to use it for anything. The 2 different nights I was there. I would go to the S over the W if I needed just 1 night. Going for more than 1 night I would switch between them just for the extra pts (500 amenity) and stay credit if it was needed.
About 1/2 hr from this area is DTW with a 4 Pts which is usually $$$ less. Never stayed at the 4 p in Warren. hope it helps