FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HP DFW vs. HR DFW
View Single Post
Old Jun 8, 2019, 12:23 am
Biggie Fries

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
I just did the HR this week...shockingly not easy to get to from C, even though it appears to be right outside it. Lots of up and down stairs - not a big deal for most often, but a PITA w/bags and summer humidity. Unless there was an elevator I missed...
I'm someone who prefers to walk whenever possible, even with heavy bags .... Last night walked a bit over a mile with several bags to a WA. This said, UA-NYC is spot on: It is shockingly difficult to walk from terminal to HR at DFW. At some point my wife and I were looking at each other like, "Could it possibly be we're the first people to every try to do this?" My recollection is that the signage is lousy, and since that first time, we have always waited for the shuttle.

But we still like very much the HR DFW, for reasons that may not be relevant to the OP:
  • excellent HR b'fast (might actually be worth paying for, though maybe not for 9!)
  • once got upgraded as a Globalist to a crazy-large suite; we were on the way to HI and wondered whether we shouldn't just stay at DFW for the day!
  • good gym