FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Offers of a Pre-Departure Beverage (PDB) [2019 and Earlier]
Old Jun 7, 2019, 10:58 pm
StephanP37

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 7K, MARRIOTT PLAT PREMIER WITH AMBASSADOR
So I did sfo to DAL last week operated by sky west. No offer of anything but the bottled water in seats on the way out. The next day I flew back operated by sky west the gal offered sparkling wine or mimosas. I hadn’t seen one of these offers since January so I actually asked her why is it that sometimes you offer and sometimes not and I asked if it was the crew that made that call or management or how the decision was made? She looked like she was so confused she said “were supposed to always do it in fact we can actually get you anything you want if you ask and we have time”. She legitimately looked like that she had never even heard of a flight not offering this.

later that night I flew also operated by sky west SFO to LAX and no drink offered so I asked again. This flight attendant said they never do that lol so I have no clue sounds like it really is every crew is operating with their own guidelines. I have noticed it does seem to be significantly more common on sky west flights.