FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Star Alliance Award via phone - 825 SEK service fee?
Old Jun 7, 2019, 6:00 pm
highupinthesky

Programs: More than one
Originally Posted by fassy
Just talked again to SAS. The agent then talked to her supervisor, got back to me and told me I should send in a claim through the feedback form AFTER the trip. When I inquired why, she said, the booking fee will only be removed if they can see I was on the trip as well. Sounds a bit strange, but whatever... as long as I get it back, should be fine. Probably, since canceling the ticket will refund the full ticket costs (besides the 450 SEK service fee) including the 375 SEK phone fee and their system is too stupid to figure out how much to refund...

So make sure, to remind the agent to waive the booking fee for EBD (or a tech issue on their website) before they issue the tickets! Obviously, it can't be done later...
This is strange. I've never experienced this before.

There should not be an issue with refunding the fees before the first flight. If you change your flight and the new flight is cheaper, you get a refund for the difference immediately. And I've never heard that you will get a refund of the phone booking fee if you cancel your trip.