FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Transferring Bonvoy Points to Airline Program Miles [Discussion & Transfer Times]
Old Jun 7, 2019, 5:46 pm
ryan182

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Wtravel
Received the following from Marriott:

“We have had to suspend Lufthansa Miles & More as a Marriott Bonvoy points to miles transfer partner at the request of Lufthansa Miles & More in connection with its compliance with certain German banking regulations.

The compliance issues with the German regulations raised by Lufthansa Miles & More are not specific to the Marriott Bonvoy program.

Points to miles transfers from member accounts were made through May 20, 2019 and any transfers occurring after that date will be returned to the member’s account.”

Anyone know what the background to this is and whether likely to be permanent or temporary? Thanks.

Moderators: I have also posted this under Miles & More, as was not sure where was more appropriate, so please feel free to delete one of the posts as required. Thanks.
Given they mentioned banking regulations my guess is its related to the article I posted a few posts up regarding miles being "e-money" and the lawsuit M&M is facing:
Originally Posted by ryan182
Some speculation out there that this is due to a lawsuit in Germany demanding that one be able to cash miles in for $ as miles are "e-money", at least that's what I was able to gather from the google translate of https://www.handelsblatt.com/finanze...AOc69qHSp5-ap3 . could be just coincidence and a system issue thats occurring at the same time as this but also could be pretty bad if they succeed.