FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TSA allowing illegal migrants to fly without proper documents
Old Jun 7, 2019, 9:22 am
chollie
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by rens
The key here is that the individual has previously been in federal custody. At that time extensive biometric data was obtained, making identity verification quite easy by fingerprints, facial recognition or dna. In all likelihood there is more confidence in the identity of these individuals than that of anyone merely presenting paper id.
Where are these folks coming from? If you're talking folks from way south of the border, I sincerely doubt there's much in the way of DNA or fingerprint evidence available on record in their home countries.

The bottom line is that TSA is disregarding its own insistence on the importance of verifiable government photo ID. They're basically saying that because they can physically clear these folks and any belongings at the checkpoint, they are no threat to aviation security.

They can clear me and my gear just as thoroughly (and do), but they'll rake me over the coals if I have an valid government-issued photo ID that is a year out of date but still clearly recognizable as me. Next year, they're going to make my life miserable if I show up with the same DL that they accept today because it will no longer meet the RealID requirements.

Just like that - I'll be able to fly with my DL one day, and the very next day I will no longer be allowed to pass unchallenged with that same ID.

And yet these folks get on with a piece of paper? How do the TSO's 'vet' that piece of paper?

Last edited by chollie; Jun 7, 2019 at 9:28 am