FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Atlanta air traffic
View Single Post
Old Jun 7, 2019, 7:54 am
spin2nd

Programs: Hub Captive Club
Originally Posted by Intl359Widget

I remember flying out of T in 2007 to Copenhagen and all of the flights were widebodies at the time out of that concourse.
You sure about the year? E was build for the 1996 Olympics and they moved the international traffic out there way back then from what I remember.

Originally Posted by ncwillett
I read once that there are vague, long range plans for yet another concourse, presumably to be named concourse G. Given how spread out the airport is from T to F already, G would end up in near Birmingham anyway so the city might still get their chance for a piece of the pie, LOL.
G is going to connect directly to F and will make a 'u' shape with the south side of F and the international terminal...basically between F and Delta Cargo. This is happening sooner than you think. (source: the company I work for does work out there). And it's Augusta who gets the benefit to the East, not Birmingham, haha.

Originally Posted by b0nd0
I always thought T stood for Terminal as in Concourse T connected to the Terminal - i have also heard the T gates called Terminal Gates.
I believe you're correct on that one - if you think back to when it was built plane trains weren't exactly common so you had the Terminal Gate and then the satellites starting with A and running east.