Old Jun 7, 19, 7:42 am
Boggie Dog
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Often1 View Post
It would be good if you had copied the entire section into the post rather than a selective part. TSA routinely clears people who lack valid ID, it simply goes through an in depth verification process and some additional screening. Don't fall into the trap set by the Examiner.

In the event you arrive at the airport without valid identification, because it is lost or at home, you may still be allowed to fly. The TSA officer may ask you to complete an identity verification process which includes collecting information such as your name, current address, and other personal information to confirm your identity. If your identity is confirmed, you will be allowed to enter the screening checkpoint. You will be subject to additional screening, to include a patdown and screening of carry-on property.

You will not be allowed to enter the security checkpoint if your identity cannot be confirmed, you chose to not provide proper identification or you decline to cooperate with the identity verification process.
How does TSA vet an unknown person who has no current address or other available personal information? If people can't see the gaping hole in this process then working in any security field is probably ill advised.

So TSA proves in its actions that ID is not needed for security screening. An inspection for not having prohibited items is all that is actually required.

Originally Posted by cbn42 View Post
As stated in the article, TSA is accepting an I-862 (notice to appear in court) as ID. These do not have a photo so it could be anyone presenting it. Of course these people have no US credit history, so the usual method of asking questions from a credit report doesn't work either.

The only security-related purpose of checking IDs is to enforce the no-fly list, and I highly doubt that any refugees coming in from the southern border are going to be on that list, so I don't think this is too much of a concern. Revenue protection for the airlines is their problem, not the government's.
How does TSA's checking ID help enforce the no-fly list when TSA does not directly compare ID to any database?