FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Cypress Regency (Orlando) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jun 7, 2019, 7:36 am
txhyattlvr

Originally Posted by Mary2e
I brought my 8 pound dog and requested a specific room (suite) at the end of the hall to ensure we wouldn't disturb other guests.

He was well behaved and made no mess. The hotel is pet friendly. I did not sneak in my dog, the VIP manager was well aware I had him with me. I can't remember if I was charged the pet fee, but I've found most hotels haven't charged me, with the exception of a Hilton property in SC.
This whole dog thing is an interesting phenomenon. I'm a dog lover but think dogs have no place in most public facilities such as hotels and restaurants. While you may be respectful with your animal, the reality is that a large percentage of travelers aren't and there is rampant abuse going on with so called comfort animals. The hotel chains (Hyatt) are simply responding to a small but extremely vocal minority in allowing animals in - something they would have never done even ten years ago. We will see how this evolves but I suspect after incidents invariably go up (bites, injuries, etc.) and lead to lawsuits, dogs will be out again.