FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - W Brisbane, Australia [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Jun 7, 2019, 3:26 am
EuropeanPete

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Just finishing up a very good 5-day points stay here. I mainly booked the W over the other cheaper hotels in the city because of the pool, but I under-estimated quite how wintery winter gets here (we had snow instead of pool-side drinks).

I got an email from the hotel a few days beforehand with notice of an upgrade from a Wonderful Room to a high floor Fantastic Suite. The suite is large and well designed, with none of the usual W flaws. It's modern, in great condition after a year and service overall has been perfect. As an Ambassador guest in addition to the upgrade I got a voucher for a "happy hour" of complementary drinks and nibbles for 2 hours for myself and one other in compensation for there not being a lounge. I thought that was very generous and not something I'd seen out of Asia before. I also got a call from the GM personally as well as a card with some flowers and gold-covered chocolates.

This is probably the best city W that I've stayed at. Would absolutely come back and given the lackluster reviews of the Westin and Four Points, I'd guess the extra expense is worth it.

Last edited by EuropeanPete; Jun 7, 2019 at 3:35 am