FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - USB Type C points on BA
View Single Post
Old Jun 7, 2019, 2:56 am
Pascoe

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
Originally Posted by Quark999
Every time I have tried to shed cables or adapters (and, like you, I have bought some devices specifically with this in mind), something else has cropped up where I definitely needed something that I did not have on me (hello Jabra). So I have resigned myself to carrying one travel adaptor with USB-A built in, one with USB-A and low wattage USB-C, a Mu USB-C adapter (the smallest I have seen that charges my Macbook Pro), and a whole stash of various 3-in-1 cables, which break in regular intervals but are still really convenient. I've even started carrying a USB extension lead for the 50% of hotels where the closest power socket to the bed is somewhere across the hallway. Grrr!

Travel gadgets is a bit of a hobby of mine to be honest - I swear I have spent so much money on cables and chargers that I could have bought some new gadgets instead, but I just can't resist if there's something new that's 3-in-1, foldable, retractable etc. And it's really satisfying when I find something that works for me, out of five attempts or so that gather dust on a shelf somewhere!

I'm just glad I was able to permanently say goodbye to the beast of a Dell power brick for my old laptop from two generations ago, and can finally travel with just the Mu. That in itself must have saved me a few years of back pain...
Is that a 'Mu One' ???