FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ⁰PizzaWhat has happened to Emirates?
View Single Post
Old Jun 7, 2019, 12:35 am
QTFLYER

Programs: Airpoints, HHONORS GOLD VIP, Aclub Gold
What has happened to Emirates?

So yesterday I family and I flew AKL - DPS. I have not flown EK for years and by the judge of yesterday's flight I won't be rushing to take them again (apart from the return flight). We are a family a 6. 2 adults, 3 kids under 9 and 1 infant, 11 months. I fly SQ and NZ frequently and from memory I thought the soft products were similar, how wrong.

The kids meals we not 'choosen from their own menu' and the baby was not looked after at all. Both of which are mentioned on the website. The main meal the kids had was horrific, a salty mess of mince on pasta.my kids love Spag Bol but this was next level. The cake was Louise Slice, I dont think Louise Slice has been eaten by anyone under the age of 50 for at least 100 years.

anyhow, they thought they would ask for some snacks. Turns out EK dont carry snacks, only pretzels and Custard Cream biscuits. A far cry from the SQ 'Delectables Menu'. Oh well, they thought they would wait for the afternoon tea. A sandwich a muffin, we thought. The kids menu Sandwich was a Club sandwich style of Cucumber on one slice with frilly lettuce on the other with tomato relish. How many kids would eat this? The cake was actually another slice of Louise Slice.. That was it, that's all they got. They left a 9 hour flight hungry and very upset. It made for a very tough 1.5hrs moving through Bali Airport.. Oh, my special meal was the same sandwich and cake as the kids special meals.. Kids Own menu? Yeah right..!

And what happened to passing through the cabin with waters and juices? It never happened, not once. There was 1 bar service with dinner and a juice, tea coffee service with light meal. Totally and utterly rubbish, they didn't even responded to the call buttons when we wanted for something. I had to goto the galley to get the baby something to eat, they forgot about her and all they had anyway was mousaka and pureed prunes.....

Terrible service.. the family are not looking forward to the return....

Last edited by QTFLYER; Jun 7, 2019 at 12:48 am