FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New First soft product: your experiences
View Single Post
Old Jun 6, 2019, 3:52 pm
bkojote

I was a little too hard on the headphones - I used them on my recent flight and found them to be acceptable. Not as good as Bose on Cathay or B&O on AA/SQ, or Grado on JetBlue, but serviceable and better than the Phitek stuff you'll see on other carriers or the crap Delta has had.

Lobster Tortelloni was fantastic, and the canapes were delicious as well. I'd avoid the beef ex-LHR though (the one I had going ex-SEA though was very good.) All in all really like the in-flight experience, even on the 747.

Sadly the ground experience at LHR was just not good by business class standards. 15 minute queue to check my bags. Hour-plus wait for the shower. No record of my cabana reservation (not that I really like them but would've helped with the hour wait for the shower.) Elemis Spa is a monument to disappointment and feels like an operation run out of an off-price shopping centre. CCR food is.. well, actually my food was pretty nice and enjoy the little booths. It feels like they tried to mimic the features of the Virgin Atlantic ground experience on paper but gave it half of the operating budget.