FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - vomit on a seat (news story)
View Single Post
Old Jun 6, 2019, 10:19 am
PUCCI GALORE
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by OUTraveling
If I saw that on my seat I would have informed the cabin crew, if another seat in the same or higher class cannot be found I would require significant compensation to fly in economy. Perhaps, a $5000 voucher or I will deplane and make them take my luggage off.
So would I Love, but unless my eyes deceive me this was not on his seat, it was on the foot rest. That would have been folded on his arrival at his seat, and almost certainly would have remained so until the aircraft was airborne. Thus it was missed by everybody. By that time the list of choices narrows as far as what can be done from a practical point of view. If everywhere else is occupied, where can you move anyone? If the aircraft is not at the gate, flouncing off the aircraft is not on the cards. I do not doubt that he would have refused to sit there had this come to light before departure. The problem is that this is where the trail of facts runs cold for now. My guess is that it would have been full as they could not move him.

What I intend to do in future is to check the footrests to see if they contain any noxious stains. The seat and surrounding area I can see for myself. I bet that several here will do likewise.