FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help with luggage allowance please
View Single Post
Old Jun 6, 2019, 7:14 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Wadge
it was standard economy for all of us all along the route except for SFO-BUD part where they found HBO for kids and standard for us. HOWEVER!!!! When the booking was ticketed, I got even surprised as it was cheaper, BA issued the entire ticket for all of us on the last SFO-BUD segment as HBO!!!! When I called them they said, no worries, just bought one-one luggage each for the adults and you will be fine with your Silver benefit. But no... even though I did that we won't be fine. Manage my Booking still says 1x23kg where everywhere else it is 2x32kg as it should be... I hope it fully explains the situation.
OK I got confused by what the last leg looked like, unless that really is SFO-LHR......

You seemed to have been poorly served by your travel agent, unless it was an online travel agency, in which case this is par for the course. Though you can mix Standard and Basic on the same ticket, you can't have some passengers Basic and some passengers Standard on the same leg, without splitting the ticket. The better way to do this is to have 2 reservations (with all the usual issues) with one adult, one child on each. One fully HBO, one fully Standard. SFO is a main BA station, so you may well be able to get 32kgs, but you won't get 2 bags, that was incorrect advice.