FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hampton Inn Charlotte-University Place {US-NC}
Old Jun 6, 2019, 6:37 am
nldogbert

Usual Hampton Inn, friendly staff

Introduction In general a good hotel, but it is still your usual Hampton Inn. Location The property is located in the University area. It is located quite close to the Blue line for the streetcar/tram that goes down to downtown Charlotte - about 15 mins walk to the station. There is a small shopping area - but again this is about 10-15 mins walk from the hotel. Other than that it is not too far away to get down to I-85 or to drive down to downtown Charlotte. With a car, there are good options for food and other shops close by. Check In I did a digital check-in and therefore upon arrival at the hotel (which was very late due to again another horribly delayed AA flight), I just went up straight to my room. I did go down the next day to get a couple of bottles of mineral water. Room Room was the usual Hampton Inn room. It was spacious and beds were comfortable. The room faced the main road so from noise point of view, it was slightly on the higher side - as usual noise isolation was not the best. However this was made slightly worst because close to the hotel was a hospital, so this means quite a number of times you have sirens passing by (not sure if they were only from ambulances). The bathroom was quite spacious - with good water pressure and temperature. The usual toiletries were available (neutrogena branded).Other than that it was the usual items, coffee/tea making facility. I did not notice any microwave (unless I missed it). The temperature control unit in the room as usual for a Hampton Inn was not a central unit, however at low speed, it was still ok and did work well to heat/cool down the room.Wifi speed was stable and I did manage to do normal browsing and emailing without any delay - after logging in I was automatically directed to the Premium internet. Breakfast The breakfast choices here were ok. It was the usual Hampton Inn breakfast options. The breakfast area was quite spacious and kept clean. They had 4 different hot dishes, eggs, potatoes, sausages and bacon. The usual waffle making machine was also available. Overall All in all, it was not too bad of a property. The only suprise I had was that they did not have an onsite laundry facility - this is actually my first time being at an Hampton Inn where no on-site laundry facility was available. Staff in general were friendly and happy to help out. This is one of the growing properties to have set aside parking lots of Diamond members - which normally is closer to the entrance of the hotel. Although in general it does seem that the hotel does have ample parking spots even if the hotel has a high occpancy.