FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Car rental insurance confusions
View Single Post
Old Jun 6, 19, 12:51 am
Qwkynuf

Originally Posted by dzdang View Post
Thanks for explaining. I always get confused about insurances coverages, especially since it's been years since I've had auto insurance, and I've never had my own insurance.

Regarding Question 1. I would pay for the rental with my credit card and book it through the University, either with National or Enterprise. The car rental company would designate that my University is covering the insurance on the car. But since I paid for it with my credit card (which does have the normal car rental insurance coverages, but idk how it works in this case), does my credit card also provide another layer of insurance? This is probably a unique question that I should check with my credit card company?

Regarding Question 2. Isn't it usually free to add additional drivers? Or at least it has been in my case. If so, then why would people cheat?
Different organizations have different terms negotiated. As an example, my company rate is generally $35-$39 per day, pretty much everywhere in the USA. That rate includes CDW and allows any employee of the company to drive the car. If I don't use my corporate rate, CDW is extra, extra drivers are extra, and the daily rate is usually double or more.

So the terms really depend on what your University negotiated with National.